“Fumigation” is a certificate that has been used for exported products such as grain, oilseeds, beans, skins, etc., as well as packaging wood and vegetable fillers. Fumigating is used to treat or eliminate bacteria in wood packaging. The content of this article is mainly for suppliers.
Recently, a message has been circulated in the aviation trade circle that all IPPC logos must be applied mainly for the outbound wooden packaging goods. The General Administration of Customs has also received messages from various countries and regions that the wooden packaging of China’s outbound goods does not meet the requirements. To ensure the essential packaging for the outbound goods meet the quarantine requirements, the company need to be protected from any losses. Unsurprisingly, the beginning of integration is boomed with complaints from overseas countries. However, the requirements in this regard will become even stricter in the future!
IPPC Logo On The Wooden Box
The notice according to the《Administrative Measures on the Quarantine Treatment of Wood Packaging for Outbound Goods》, are as follows:
(1) The wooden packaging used for outbound goods shall be treated according to the prescribed quarantine treatment methods and applied // IPPC logo.
(2) When the Customs examines the outbound goods, they shall conduct a spot check on the wooden packaging used for the goods. If it does not meet the requirements, it is not allowed to leave the country.
《Administrative Measures for the Quarantine Treatment
of Wood Packaging of Outbound Goods》
Article 13; If the logo is applied to one of the following circumstances, the Customs shall order the rectification. The rectification and the qualification of the logo shall be suspended during the rectification period.
(1) The heat treatment/fumigation treatment facilities and testing equipment are not up to the requirements;
(2) The detoxification treatment fails to meet the technical indicators such as the specified temperature, dosage, and time;
(3) The management of the finished wood packaging products that have passed the decontamination treatment is not standardized, and the harmful organisms reinvade. Risk of exposure;
(4) The wooden packaging mark does not meet the requirements of the specification;
(5) Unclear handling and sales of wood packaging;
(6) The relevant quality management system is not functioning properly, and the quality record is not well recorded;
(7) Fail to declare to the customs in accordance with the regulations;
(8) Other factors affecting the quality of quarantine wood packaging.
Article 14; If one of the following circumstances occurs due to the identification of the enterprise, the Customs will suspend the cancellation of its logo and apply for it.
(1) Being disposed of, destroyed or returned in foreign countries for the reasons of Article 13;
(2) Fail to effectively remove the damage and apply the mark;
(3) Selling or misappropriating signs and other false acts;
(4) A serious safety or quality accident occurs;
(5) Other serious impacts on the quality of quarantine of wood packaging.
When using the wooden box to carry the equipment export, first of all, we should clearly understand the standards of the exporting country for the wooden box, and then rationally design the wooden box that meets the standards of the exporting country. At the same time, we must pay close attention to the Customs clearance and other information after the exportation of the goods. All of these steps will guarantee a smooth export trade.
Countries involved in export fumigation of Chinese export wooden box packaging are:
The United States, Canada, the European Union, Japan, Australia, and Malaysia must issue official fumigation certificates to the United States and Canada (otherwise, they will either go to Hong Kong to refine their fumigation or destroy the goods).
(1) Which wood products need to be fumigated?
Export wood packaging is usually divided into two types: FCL fumigation and LCL fumigation.
Solid wood is required to be exported by fumigation treatment certified by the national inspection and quarantine institution; Materials such as OSB board, plywood, particle board, fibre board, synthetic board, recycled board, etc., which are subjected to high temperature and high-pressure treatment, does not need fumigation, but it can still be fumigated. For direct export, if it is solid wood, it must be issued for a fumigation certificate from the Commodity Inspection Bureau.
(2) Fumigation can be divided into two types:
- FCL fumigation
- When the “IPPC” logo is not required; After the goods arrive at the venue, they will be directly packed, and the fumigation team will be notified to fumigation. According to the different countries destination, different scales of fumigant can be sprayed into CH3BR and PH3. If the customer has no special requirements, the fumigation team will spray CH3BR. Medicament, fumigation for 24 hours.
- When the “IPPC” logo is required; After the goods are delivered to the venue, they will be dropped to the venue to inform the customs office of the location where the goods will land. The fumigation team will put the words “IPPC” at in front and behind each package, and then arrange the venue for packing. Then fumigation.
- Fumigation of the package: the goods are submitted to the customs for inspection, and then the package is specially fumigated.
- LCL fumigation
Fumigation of LCL cargo can be put into the same container for fumigation, but must meet the following four conditions:
- Same destination port
- Same country
- Same voyage
- Inspected at the same commodity inspection bureau
(3) Some requirements for fumigation
- Fumigation Time
Fumigation must be up to 24 hours, after fumigation, the fumigation team applied a fumigation mark on the door to the door. After 24 hours, the fumigation team took the logo and took 4 hours to disperse the poison before it could be arranged. If the time is less than that, closing the cargo door may cause damage to the products.
- Packaging Requirements:
Wood packaging should not have bark and insect eyes. If the wood package has bark, the Customs broker will help the customer to shovel the bark; if a bug is found, the shipper needs to be notified to replace the package. If the fumigation certificate is required after fumigation, it will be used for customs clearance of the port of destination. (It is recommended that customers have this card).
| Additional Related Information:
1) Label Content; IPPC is the International Plant Protection Convention. According to the Notice of the State Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the People’s Republic of China No. 4 of 2005, since March 1, 2005, the goods with wood packaging have been exported to the EU, the United States, Canada, Australia, Malaysia and other countries. A identifier is dedicated for IPPC. (except for plywood, particleboard, fiberboard, etc.)
2) Fill out the fumigation contact list, and wait until the quarantine personnel sign it before fumigation, otherwise the fumigation team will not fumigate.
3) Fumigation agent: CH3BR (generally)
4) When filling out the inspection form, if the goods are to be marked, fill in the “Remarks”.
5) Import inspection: When the goods arrive at the destination port, they can be submitted for inspection and declaration in exchange for the delivery bill. For imported goods, it must be inspected.
CIEF Commercial Shipping
On the imported road, we escort you.